BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT:
- Our staff will call you for a pre-appointment screening to ensure you are healthy and have had no COVID-19 symptoms for at least 14 days. You will be asked again the same questionnaire the day of your appointment.
- All patients are asked to come to the dental office alone unless the patient is a minor, if feasible, we prefer you to wait in the car to minimize crowding in the office.
- Per Massachusetts law please come to your appointment with a mask on
- Appointments lengths will be extended and staggered between patients to reduce waiting times, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Bathroom access will be unavailable, please plan accordingly
DAY OF APPOINTMENT:
- PLEASE CALL the front desk when you arrive at the office to confirm we are ready for you
- When you enter our office, wear your mask, you will have access to hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands. A staff member will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer. Temperatures above 100.3F will result in a rescheduled appointment per recommended guidelines.
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed at the front desk and our waiting room has been cleared of all magazines, toys and some furniture to respect social distancing.
- A staff member will review the same questionnaire as previously filled out 24-48 hour prior to your appointment.
- All clinical staff will be wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including gowns, gloves, respirator masks (n95/KN95) and a face-shield, where applicable.
- To minimize the risk of contamination and to maximize the safety for our patients and staff, air purifiers with medical grade filters are used along with AEGIS AEROSOL VACSTATIONs in each individual operatory. Vacstations remove aerosols caused by some dental procedures.
AFTER THE APPOINTMENT:
- We advise patients to give us a call if they experience any symptoms within 24 to 48 hours after their appointment.