BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT:
- If possible, all patients are asked to come to the dental office alone unless the patient is a minor.
- Per recent May 2021 CDC, ADA, MDS and DPH guidance (regardless of vaccination status), healthcare facilities still require masks so please come to your appointment with a mask on.
- Appointments’ lengths will be extended and staggered between patients to reduce the number of patients in the reception area.
DAY OF APPOINTMENT:
- When you enter our office, wear your mask. You will have access to hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
- Your temperature with a contactless thermometer will be taken. (Temperatures above 100.3 F degrees may result in a rescheduled appointment per recommended guidelines.)
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed at our front desk and our waiting room has been cleared of magazines, toys, and some furniture for social distancing.
- A staff member will ask a COVID questionnaire before your appointment.
- All staff will be wearing required PPE for their respective departments.
- To maximize the safety for our patients and staff, air purifiers with medical grade filters are used along with AEGIS AEROSOL VACSTATIONs in each operatory to remove aerosols caused by some procedures.
AFTER THE APPOINTMENT:
- We recommend patients give us a call if they experience any symptoms within 24 to 48 hours after their appointment.