BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT:
- As of July 1, 2022, the Department of Public Health requires masks to be worn in “healthcare facilities licensed or operated by the Commonwealth and healthcare practice locations of any provider licensed by a professional board which sits within the Department of Public Health or the Division of Professional Licensure.” This requirement includes dental offices for employees and vendors regardless of vaccination status.
DAY OF APPOINTMENT:
- When you enter our office you will have access to hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands and access to a mask if you prefer.
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed at our front desk and our waiting room has been cleared of magazines, toys and some furniture for social distancing.
- All staff will be wearing required PPE for their respective departments.
- To maximize the safety of our patients and staff, air purifiers with medical grade filters are used along with Aegis Aerosol VacStations in each hygiene operatory to remove aerosols caused by some procedures.
AFTER THE APPOINTMENT:
- We recommend patients give us a call if they experience any symptoms within 24 to 48 hours after their appointment.