Many foods can both strengthen your teeth and weaken your teeth. Many people know and understand that foods and sweets like sugars can damage your teeth. However, did you know some foods can keep your oral health happy? Well, it’s true! Our dentists, Dr. Joseph Solomon and Dr. Jared Solomon with Solomon & Wright Associates, P.C. in Melrose, Massachusetts, care about your smile and is happy to help you keep your oral health in fantastic shape. Along with oral health care, foods can help your teeth stay healthy.
Here are some foods to help keep your oral health happy:
– Beware of any sugary products that can easily damage your teeth and gums. This is because if there is plaque build-up in your mouth, that bacteria will break down the sugars into acids.
– Stay away from acidic foods and drinks with a low pH level. The lower the pH, the more acidic the product is.
– If you tend to have foods in your diet that stick to your teeth and gums, it could be doing damage to your mouth. This is because the longer that residue is in contact with your teeth and gums, the higher your risk will be for dental erosion and tooth decay.
– Understand your risks when it comes to foods and drinks that can stain your teeth. If you find yourself constantly eating and drinking staining substances, visit your dentist for teeth whiteners when you need them.
– Focus on materials that will help strengthen your tooth enamel. This can be accomplished by eating healthy foods that have a high mineral content.
– Avoid snacking at all times.
– Improve your smile by focusing on saliva producing activities including chewing sugarless gum.
With foods like these, your smile can stay healthy, and your teeth can look beautiful. If you have questions about your oral health or need to see a dentist, please don’t hesitate to call us at 781-665-5222 to schedule an appointment. Our dental team is always happy to help you in any way we can.