Although medications are often not needed for your oral health care, many procedures may require their use to help treat pain and assist with recovery time. For a better understanding of the basics of medications and oral health, listed below are some important facts about them:
– One of the most commonly experienced side effects of medications is dry mouth, which is a medical disorder that consists of a lowered amount of saliva in your mouth.
– Oral medications that are inhaled can lead to an infection called oral candidiasis, also known as thrush. One potential treatment method is to always wash out your mouth after inhaling any form of medication.
– Before taking any form of medication, it is always a good idea to speak with your dentist first to determine if it will negatively affect your oral health.
– Medications can be received either via prescription or via over-the-counter store-bought products.
– Medications can play a large role in your oral health, as there are many complications and side effects that can arise.
If you would like to schedule an oral health care session at Solomon & Wright Associates, P.C., simply call our dentist office in Melrose, Massachusetts, at our number 781-665-5222. Dr. David Solomon and our entire team await. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a better smile today!