Do you know how to keep your smile healthy and happy as you age? If not, you have come to the right blog! Your oral health is essential, and by keeping it in check, you can keep your teeth strong and healthy throughout your life. Our dental experts, Dr. Joseph Solomon, and Dr. Jared Solomon with Solomon & Wright Associates, P.C. in Melrose, Massachusetts, care about your smile and oral health, which is why we are happy to provide tips to a healthy and happy smile.
The tips for a healthy and happy smile as you age include:
– Take the time out of your day to set up meetings and appointments with your dentist. This can include oral cancer screenings as needed and cleanings every 6 months.
– Floss once a day for 2 to 3 minutes per day.
– Use non-abrasive toothbrushes and toothpaste to brush your teeth twice every day.
– If you have dentures, clean them daily.
– Improve your diet by avoiding unhealthy snacks and sweets. Products with a low pH level, sugar, carbs or any other substances that can cause dental erosion should be avoided. Also, be aware of hard products that can shatter your teeth if you bite into them.
– Avoid medications that produce dry mouth as a side effect. Saliva is vital for keeping your teeth and gums free of debris.
If you want to keep your smile healthy and happy as you age, then follow these tips and dental advice. Your oral health is essential to us, and we are always pleased to help you with your oral health concerns in any way we can. So, call us today and set up an appointment at 781-665-5222. Our team of dental experts looks forward to seeing you.